Pontevedra, capital of the Rías Baixas, is a charming destination on the northwest coast of Spain. Its historic center, with cobbled pedestrian streets and picturesque squares, is ideal for getting lost and discovering traditional Galician architecture. Here you will find emblematic monuments such as the Basilica of Santa María la Mayor and the Church of San Francisco. In addition, Pontevedra offers stunning beaches, hiking trails in natural environments, rich local cuisine and vibrant cultural festivals.
To get to Pontevedra, you have different transportation options. If you come from outside Galicia, the most common way to get there is by plane. The closest airport is Vigo Airport, which is approximately 30 kilometers away. From there, you can take a taxi or use public transportation to get to Pontevedra.
Another option is to arrive by train. Pontevedra has a Train station, which makes it accessible from different cities in Spain. The station is located in the center of the city, so you can easily get to your accommodation or explore points of interest in the area.
If you prefer to travel by car, Pontevedra has good road connections. You can reach the city through the AP-9 highway, which connects with other Spanish cities. In addition, there is a network of secondary roads that will allow you to explore the surroundings of Pontevedra.
Accommodations in Pontevedra
In Pontevedra you will find a wide range of accommodation for all tastes and budgets. From luxury hotels to rural houses or tourist apartments, there are options for all travelers.
If you want to be close to the historic center, our Pedreira Tourist Apartment is located in Casco Antigua, where you can enjoy the authenticity and charm of Pontevedra. In addition, our tourist apartments in Pontevedra are located few kilometers from the coast.
Do not forget to book your accommodation in advance, especially during the summer months, since Pontevedra is a place very visited by tourists.
Travel recommendations and useful tips
- Comfortable clothing and shoes, since in Pontevedra you will find many cobblestone streets and it is ideal for exploring on foot.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen and hat, especially if you plan to visit the beaches of the Rías Baixas.
- Explore the historic center of Pontevedra on foot, as it is one of the best ways to discover the city’s squares, churches and palaces.
- Try the local cuisine, especially fresh seafood and fish. Pontevedra is known for its delicious Galician cuisine.
- Check the hours of museums and attractions before your visit, as some may have specific hours or closing days.</ span>
With these recommendations, you will be prepared to fully enjoy your trip to Pontevedra, capital of the Rías Baixas.
Don’t miss the opportunity to stay in one of our Tourist Apartments in Pontevedra and discover all its charms!